Sunday, February 28, 2016

Final Reflection

Another class has flown by!  For me, only one more to go!  I've learned a lot from this course, especially from the standpoint of the technology integrator.  I had learned before about how technology is being used in so many ways in modern schools but I hadn't really learned about how to set up professional development for teachers or about how virtual schools can become.  The concept of the virtual library is a brand new concept to me.  I personally have a Kindle but I hardly ever use it; as much as I love technology, I love having a physical book in my hands.  I've taken part in professional development days but never before thought about how much planning goes into one of these days.  Unfortunately, not many of my professional development days have been technology based but maybe I can help that change.  The "Professional Development in Technology" book by Sarah T. Meltzer (2012) has really opened up my eyes about the true planning that goes into technology based professional development.  I have also learned about new technology (like Haiku Deck) that I will use in my future classroom.

It is important to perfect the technology integration craft because it is an integral part of a students' learning; many methods have been found to be effective for students to learn.  It is important for the students and teachers to learn this new technology because technology is the way of the future and having educators who are able to teach this technology to the students is very important.  It is important to have professional development to teach these technology skills to educators because it is important for all students to have the opportunity to learn these forms of technology.  I can't wait to start teaching others about what I have learned from my courses and maybe help plan professional development that does integrate technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment